This free benefit offered by SMCLPA provides the legal community with a place to post job openings for all categories of job positions.
SMCLPA assists in every possible manner to procure employment for members of this association and cooperates with attorneys and legal professionals in filling positions in law offices, but in no event does this association act as an employment agency.
Employers desiring to place an advertisement for employment on SMCLPA’s website may review the listings below and format the advertisement like those already posted. The advertisement should provide the following information: name, firm name, address, phone number, areas of law practice, software used, position available, and years of experience required. Requests to place advertisements for employment are to be emailed to email@example.com. Advertisements for employment are usually posted as soon as possible.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to contact the employers, schedule interviews, exchange resumes, and to discuss benefits and salary, etc. All information is listed until notification to drop the name/position is given to the Employment Chair.
Cotchett, Pitre, & McCarthy seeks paralegals for its San Francisco Bay Area, Santa Monica, and New York offices.
Candidates with the characteristics below will thrive in this role:
- Smart, engaging, creative, public-spirited, with a positive growth mindset
- Excited to work well with diverse teams of attorneys and staff, and also comfortable working individually
- Enjoy a dynamic environment
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Excellent PC skills
- Ability to work proficiently in Word
- College graduate
- Agree to a minimum of a two-year commitment
- Have experience in the legal field is a plus, but not a prerequisite
- Paralegal Certificate is a plus, but not a prerequisite
This is an exciting opportunity to obtain exceptional legal experience in the company of some of the most well-regarded attorneys in the country.
If you join our team, you will get to engage in professionally satisfying work because:
- The firm handles “once in a lifetime” cases on a routine basis
- The level of variety of cases is unparalleled among plaintiffs’-side firms
- Job duties include extensive researching; attending and assisting at trial, depositions, and motion practice; and analysis and management of documents and discovery
If you join our team, compensation will include:
- A competitive salary
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Participation in a company 401K plan with a discretionary matching policy
If you join our team, you will join a group that:
- Works as a true team–everyone fighting together for the underdog
- Has 50 years of success representing people or entities in cases involving only just principles or causes
- Is an exceptional law practice with nationally well-regarded attorneys
- Uses an innovative approach to litigate complex matters
- Seeks to recruit legal talent of those who are traditionally underrepresented
- Is committed to building a diverse and inclusive law firm, striving daily to foster a culture of inclusion and respect, as employees with varied experiences and insights contribute to our offices’ richness and vibrancy
- Is committed to promoting women and people of color to leadership roles inside and outside the firm
If you are interested in joining us at CPM, please do the following:
- Compile a cover letter, resume, and transcript in one pdf
- Send to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls, please.
The San Francisco City Attorney’s Office is looking for a paralegal with at least five years of experience, and preferably litigation experience, to join its Labor Team.
The San Francisco City Attorney’s Office is looking for a paralegal with at least five years of experience, and preferably litigation experience, to join its Construction and Public Contracting Team.
About the Office
The San Francisco City Attorney’s Office is an innovative, nationally-recognized municipal law office working to protect and advance the rights and interests of San Francisco and its residents. With just over 300 talented, dedicated, and diverse attorneys and support staff, the Office provides the highest quality legal services to the City’s Mayor, Board of Supervisors, officials, and departments. Our work empowers City leaders with effective, responsive and creative legal solutions and representation so they can deliver critical public services for the betterment of the San Francisco community.
The Office recognizes that diversity in the backgrounds, ideas and experiences of our employees enriches our workplace and enhances our work. We aspire to recruit, employ, retain and promote capable individuals representing the full spectrum of our community, and welcome all candidates, including candidates of any race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, physical ability, and age. We have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, and do their best work for the City.
To learn more about the City Attorney’s Office please visit: www.sfcityattorney.org
To learn more about the Office’s efforts to provide a welcoming, diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace please click here.
About the Construction and Public Contracting Team
The Construction and Public Contracting team represents various City departments in procuring goods and services for public works construction projects and technology contracts. The Team advises City departments and other City Attorney teams on solicitations, bid protests and contract awards, and negotiates and drafts contracts. The Team also handles construction contract disputes and related litigation. The Construction and Public Contracting Team has nine attorneys, one paralegal, one legal assistant and two legal secretaries. This position will be filling the current paralegal vacancy on the team.
Paralegal Position and Responsibilities
Paralegals work under the direction of attorneys and provide a variety of paraprofessional legal duties in a fast-paced, high-volume litigation practice. The responsibilities listed below are representative of the range of duties assigned and are not intended as an exhaustive list.
- Assist with drafting and implementing litigation holds across various City
- Assist in drafting and reviewing contracts, legislation, responsive pleadings, various discovery documents, subpoenas, legal memoranda and
- Assist with discovery, particularly electronic discovery and the organization, case management, collection, review and production of documents obtained from litigants and City departments and maintained in electronic databases.
- Conduct database searches in IPRO Eclipse, Concordance, CaseMap and Text Map, and review documents within these programs for relevance, responsiveness and
- Organize and prepare documents, exhibits, and other materials for use in discovery, hearings or trials, including preparing and running Trial Director.
- Assist in preparing various motions and ensuring that filings are accurate, properly formatted and filed in a timely
- Correspond and communicate with vendors, attorneys and representatives of City departments regarding case status and discovery.
- Manage multiple projects and prioritize work for several different
- Mentor and train legal assistants and paralegal interns in the Office. This includes training on legal procedures, as well as litigation support software.
- Paralegal certificate from an ABA-approved program, or other significant work experience that satisfies statutory requirements (i.e., Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code § 6450 compliant).
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a paralegal or legal
- Excellent verbal and writing skills, and an ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively across multiple legal
- Ability to analyze legal problems, and perform detailed analytical work with accuracy and
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines, accept and implement written and oral instructions, and communicate effectively and tactfully with attorneys, office personnel, court personnel, vendors and representatives of other governmental departments/entities and the general public.
- Working knowledge of legal procedures, legal terminology and court
- Adept in Microsoft Office Suite, with a focus on
- Experience with Adobe Professional, Cisco WebEx, Microsoft Team, TextMap, Concordance, Eclipse, CaseMap, Trial Director, or other similar
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or
The position has a five-step salary scale ranging from $107,718 – $130,884. The successful candidate will be placed at a salary step based on years of experience and additional relevant degrees, certifications, credentials or skills.
The City offers robust health, retirement and other benefits. For more information please visit: https://sfdhr.org/benefits-overview
Paralegals are represented by the International Federation of Professional & Technical Engineers, Local 21, which has a Memorandum of Understanding with the City that can be found at MOU.
COVID-19 Vaccination Required as a Condition of Employment
The City and the Office are committed to the health and safety of our employees. Under the City’s Vaccination Policy, all City and County of San Francisco employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. For details on how this condition applies to your employment, please click here.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to Colleen Dietterle, Manager of Legal Support and Administrative Services, at: email@example.com. This posting shall remain open until September 21, 2021.